Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Membership Costume Submission Process

Stutz

Here is the checklist for submitting a new costume for approval:

PRE-REQUISITES
• You must be 18 years or older.
• You must live in San Diego or Imperial County.
• Your costume should be 100% complete and accurate to the CRLs. I cannot approve incomplete costumes.

SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
• Submit your application for membership at http://www.501st.com/members/join_form.php Make sure you choose “Imperial Sands Garrison” (some folks choose Southern California Garrison by mistake).

EMAIL YOUR COSTUME PHOTOS AND INFO
• Please send all submissions to gml.imperialsands@gmail.com
• Identify which costume you are applying for and include a link the the CRL. For example, not simply Stormtrooper, but Stormtrooper ANH Stunt, ANH Hero, ESB, ROTJ, etc.
• Email your submission pics of you in your costume to your GML at gml.imperialsands@gmail.com.
• Include your TKID (if you are already a member)
• Include the name of the costume you are submitting (e.g. not just "Stormtrooper", but "Stormtrooper ANH Stunt")
• Costume photos must be of you alone against a plain, neutral, contrasting background (no convention photos, please).
• The basic photo set consists of front, back and both sides, including side views with your arms up, all 4 sides of the helmet, an "action shot", and a front-facing "bucket off" shot (if applicable) so we can see your face.
• Also include detail photos of your costume parts. The specific shot will vary by costume, so just use your best judgement. Your photos will be compared against the CRL for your costume, so if a detail is called out in the CRL, I need to be able to CLEARLY see that detail in your photos. The CRLs can be found here: http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL
• If you are submitting 3D printed parts, you must supply detail photos to show that there are no visible 3D print lines.
• Photos must be full length (don't crop off your feet or head).
• Be sure to take your photos with adequate, even lighting. They generally come out better outdoors, with the flash off.
• Make sure your photos are in focus, and high enough resolution to inspect the details. If I cannot make out all the details clearly, I will request that they be reshot.
• Photos cannot be retouched or photoshopped (other than for correcting exposure).
• Do not wear any non-canon accessories or add ons, including jewelry, eyeglasses, earrings, unit patches, stickers, etc.
• If an accessory (force pike, blaster, com-link, pack, etc.) is presented as part of membership application photos, it must adhere to the CRL of the costume you are submitting, and have detailed photos included.
• Please list the maker of the armor/helmet/uniform/jumpsuit/blaster if you have that information. It will help the approval process go much faster.
• If you have a build thread on one of our Detachment websites, please provide a link.
• When you provide your photos, please provide them in a single zip file for ease of downloading if possible. Links are fine as well, as long as it includes the ability to download the entire album at once.

HOW LONG DOES AN APPROVAL TAKE
The better your submission, the faster I can complete your approval. Be aware that approvals can take as long as a few weeks (or as short as a few days), as it depends on how many costumes are ahead of you in the queue, the complexity of your costume, the quality of your build, the quality of your photos, my workload, and whether I have to reach out to detachment leadership for clarification. Note that once I approve your costume, the Legion needs to approve your application and assign your TK number, making you a member. This may also take a couple days to a week.

QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Please send all questions or submissions to gml.imperialsands@gmail.com

Dean Amstutz
Garrison Membership Liaison (GML)

• Like 2

• Stutz changed the title to Membership Costume Submission Process